Taught from the perspective of a professional writers’ extensive experience, this course guides you through the short cuts and the entire process of results-oriented creative writing.
We take you on a self-enriching journey from choosing a topic to journaling, through maintaining continuity and commitment to your writing project.
Perfecting the written word is like playing an instrument, it takes practice while assimilating the skills and techniques of the art. Our “Creative Writing” course gives you plenty of opportunity to develop writing skills under the tutelage of an expert instructor.
This course covers a lot of ground on a journey through the process: timeless form and plot structure of conflict, crisis and resolution, setting and atmosphere, “show, don’t tell”, characterization, establishing your point of view, themes and of course the crafting of the story itself.
In these comprehensive sessions you will learn about the many tools that inspire written creativity.
- Lessons from a Professional Writer’s Extensive Experience
- The Process to Results-Oriented Creative Writing
- Choosing Writing Topics & the Research Process
- Journaling Methods & useful Mobile Apps
- Channeling your Ideas with Shortcuts
- Understanding the Heroes Journey
- Understanding the Three-Act Plot Structure
- Conflict, Crisis & Resolution Exercises
- Descriptive & Engaging Story Settings
- Time Management & helpful Mobile Apps
- And More
***Evening course w/ start date subject to minimum registrations***