The excitement of filmmaking can entice anyone to rush through, or completely skip, Pre-Production steps to jump behind the camera and start filming. Giving in to this temptation can result in mistakes and costly delays, which you can’t afford when shooting a film.
Film shoots require a lot of organization. Whether you’re the director for a large crew, a solo shooter, or something in between, you need to develop a solid workflow for planning a shoot and keeping it on track.
From concept to script, through finalizing your budget and hiring a crew, this course will walk you through every stage of a film project being developed.
Learn the core concepts of effective project management, including the use of portable and versatile iPad apps that will keep your footprint light and your budget even lighter.
This course is for new film or video producers looking to understand the nuts and bolts of Pre-Production.
- Developing your Film or Video Concept
- Laying out a Framework for the Script
- Scripting your Story with the right structure
- Utilizing Industry-Standard Writing Tools
- Overview of Alternative Writing Tools
- Effectively Manage your Project
- Creating your Budget Documents
- Overview of Portable Production apps for the Field
- Hiring a Film Crew
- Creating various Pre-Production Documents for your Crew
- Taking logical Next Steps in the Production process
- And More
***Evening course w/ start date subject to minimum registrations***