Close-up photography (or macro photography) gives us a scientific view of the world around us.
In this workshop, we will take you through the basics of macro photography, the equipment to use, and some of the techniques needed to get as close up as you want to get.
This workshop serves as a great overview for beginners or a perfect refresher with plenty of tips for more experienced macro photographers.
- What is Macro Photography?
- Finding the right Subject Matter
- Composing & Framing Shots
- Evaluating Macro Gear (ie. Tilt-Shift Lenses)
- Low-Cost Techniques for Macro & Close-Ups
- Shooting Macros with the iPhone
- Lighting Macro Shots
- Working with Flash for Macro Photography
- Using High-Speed Sync to get Light in a Macro Shot
- Shooting Close-Up Shots of Flowers & Pets
- Exploring Textures as Subjects
- Exploring Depth of Field
- Working with Light Tables
- Editing Macro Shots
- And More
***Daytime workshop w/ start date subject to minimum registrations***