Audio is one the most important but least appreciated aspects of film-making, and is often poorly understood by video producers.
Your audience will notice if you don’t put the same care and attention paid to your visuals as in your audio. Watch almost any YouTube video and you’ll hear the problem. It’s one that plagues new and experienced video producers alike.
In this course, we walk you through many of the most common audio recording scenarios. Think of it like an audio “cookbook” with step-by-step “recipes” for situations like conference panels, stage shows, and narrative dialog scenes. We also show you how to set up mixers, wireless mics and booms, and make sure your camera is correctly set up to capture audio.
We’ll demystify sound capturing, offering professional insights along with practical tips and tricks.
Wrapping up, we’ll explore troubleshooting tips covering a range of issues, from wind noise to echoes, and show how to fix problems you can’t solve on set in post-production.
- Techniques for recording in Typical Environments
- Recording audio in Challenging Environments
- Overview & setup of various Audio Recorders
- Optimizing Camera Mic audio
- Working with Field Mixers
- Practical Tips & Tricks to improve the recording workflow
- Overview of Audio Restoration Tools in Post-Production
- And More
Prerequisite(s): Recommended VS-VP102 Video Production Fundamentals.
***Evening course w/ start date subject to minimum registrations***