This course explores the media and techniques for creating effective content for web applications that achieve desired goals.
The web enables the use of a wide variety of media and all has its advantages and disadvantages. Although much content is being re-used and recycled, original web content is increasingly valued, making the ability to create content a critical skill for anyone managing digital and social media.
Principles of effective communication need to be understood and practiced, along with the specific skills in writing and design that pertain to digital media.
This Course guides your through how to optimize the strengths and avoid the weaknesses of each media so that they work together to reinforce your message. We also explore how to design messages that optimize information retention and motivate actions.
- The Principles of Effective Communication
- Effective Writing for Blogs
- Effective Writing for Business
- Overview of other Content Creation Channels
- Delving into Industry-Standard Tools
- Designing Infographics & other Graphic Packages
- Typography & the Web
- Minimizing Word Count to Maximize Conversions
- Online Marketplaces for your Work
- The Pros & Cons of Selling Internationally
- And More
***Evening course w/ start date subject to minimum registrations***